Preparation and Cooking Time: 30 mts. Serves 4.
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 dessertspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cupful of canned coconut milk
- 1 pint of vegetable stock.
- some chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste.
1. Chop onion and lightly saute until soft and translucent. Add garlic and ginger and continue to saute for another minute. Add turmeric and curry powder and mix well.
2 Then add the squash and broth and mix well. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmering and cook uncovered until squash is tender.
3. Place a quantity in blender and blend with coconut milk. Make sure you only half fill the blender each batch. Start on low speed and cover blender with a cloth so that it does not spurt around you.
4. Blend about a minute until smooth. Thin with more broth/stock if too thick. Season to taste and reheat, adding coriander to serve.